Genuine Fine Art Canvas option is custom printed at an ultra-high apparent resolution of 1800 dpi using High-End Fine Art Canon Lucia archival pigmented inks.
Each canvas print is sprayed with a protective UV coating to increase it's longevity when displayed.
High-End Fine Art Baryta Rag Paper Print option is printed on Hahnemühle watercolor rag paper using Canon Lucia archival pigmented inks.
- Printed with an ultra-high apparent resolution of 1800 dpi.
- Hand Signed direct from Michelle's studio in Boulder Colorado.
- All prints will be carefully shipped fully insured in a heavy duty postal tube.
AMPHITRITE is the goddess-queen of the sea, wife of Poseidon, and eldest of the fifty Nereides. She is the female personification of the sea and this is my depiction of her.
According to greek mythology, Amphitrite was essentially the same as the primordial sea-goddess Thalassa. Her Roman equivalent was Salacia whose name means "the salty one."
THE NEREIDES (Nereids) were fifty sea-nymphe daughters of Nereus the old man of the sea. They were goddesses of the sea's rich bounty and protectors of sailors and fishermen, coming to the aid of those in distress. Individually they represented various facets of the sea from the salty brine, to the sea foam, sand, rocks, waves and currents, as well as the various skills possessed by seamen.
The Nereides dwelt with their elderly father in a silvery grotto at the bottom of the Aegean Sea. The Nereid Thetis was their unofficial leader and Amphitrite was Poseidon's queen.
In my depiction she has just surfaced from the depths below to watch the sunrise.
Grey representing the morning haze, white streaks representing the splash of water as she surfaces and orange representing the bright sunrise.
She is ethereal yet wise and powerful.
Hand painted with traditional oil on canvas, size 48" x 48".
More about greek mythology here:
VAMPIRE - The Slow Drip of Time
All purchases are final sale. No returns are accepted.
- Prints and unstretched canvas gliglee's come carefully wrapped and shipped in heavy duty mailing tubes.
- Gallery wrapped artworks are available upon personal request and are shipped in hand made crates.
- Our shipping crates are a work of art and are built with their safe arrival at your door in mind.
- Custom Crate Construction starts at $50.00 per crate. Final cost is based on quantity, dimension and material requirements. Initial estimates given before job is completed may change based on final job requirements. Shipping is additional and is based on weight, dimensions and destination. Final cost of shipping and crating will be calculated when the order is ready to ship.
- Worldwide shipping available.